Clean Sweep™ Antimicrobial Shoe Shield™
Use Clean Sweep™ daily for a safe, all natural, way to kill bacteria and neutralize causes of shoe odor.
Clean Sweep™ is a clear, flexible antimicrobial micro-coating that works inside the shoe.
- Environmentally safe
- Contains no fragrance or colors
Dispensed Exclusively By Physicians
For Complete Foot Care, Ask Your Doctor About Formula 3® and FungiFoam® Treatments, too.
Why Do My Shoes Smell?
On average, our feet sweat the equivalent of a cup of moisture per day. Combined with heat inside our shoes, that moisture builds up, creating a breeding ground in which bacteria and fungi grow. In turn, the bacteria and fungi consume dead skin cells,which leads to waste production, and inevitably, shoe odor.
How Does Clean Sweep™ Work?
Once treated with Clean Sweep™, the clear and flexible antimicrobial micro-coating provides a “shield”, effectively keeping footwear microbe-free.
Clean Sweep™ utilizes a nanosilver formula to safely, effectively kill bacteria and neutralize the causes of shoe odor. When the silver nanoparticles in Clean Sweep™ come in contact with moisture, they release very low levels of silver ions that prevent microbes from growing. That’s why, for decades, hospitals have used antimicrobial silver extensively to kill bacteria.
Silver and silver particles are non-toxic and hypoallergenic so exposure to skin is not a concern. In fact, burn patients are often given silver creams and foams, while doctors place silver nitrate drops into infants’ eyes to prevent infection.
What if I’m allergic to Silver?
Some people have an allergic reaction to silver jewelry and thus, assume they are allergic to all silver. On the contrary, silver jewelry is made from an alloy called “sterling silver” or “925 silver,” and the allergy is often to the various metals used in the jewelry’s makeup. Clean Sweep™ is made with pure silver, and there are no documented cases of allergy to pure silver.
- Spray Clean Sweep™ directly into each shoe and allow to dry overnight.
- Repeat until shoes are odor free.
- If possible, remove insole and coat thoroughly with Clean Sweep™ .
- It’s important to allow the shoes to dry completely before wearing to prevent the socks from absorbing the Clean Sweep™ coating, which could reduce efficacy.
Clean Sweep™ will not stain most interior shoe lining material – fabric or leather. We recommend spraying a small test area before applying to the entire interior of the shoe.
The California Podiatric Medical Association offers some simple, daily steps to address foot odor.
- Proper hygiene. Keep the feet clean, drying completely after washing.
- Apply antiperspirant or foot powder to reduce foot sweat .
Shoe choice and proper shoe care reduces perspiration and bacterial activity on the feet.
- Shoe material. Choose material that breathes and socks that wick moisture away from your feet.
- Avoid wearing rubber or plastic shoes and nylon socks.
- Change shoes. Avoid wearing the same pair two days in a row. Give them time to dry.
- Change socks everyday. Even more frequently if possible.